HEY FAM and Friends
YEsterday was my companions birthday! So of course my roomates and I spoiled her with pancakes for breakfast and decorated living room and endless little suprizes all day long. It was fun. We filled our car up with balloons and I made her and the roomates in the back drive with all of them in thier face.So she was half happy/annoyed but loved every second of it I know. We are starting to see results with poeple that we have been trying to get ahold of and things were just NOT working. I got to teach one of the new memebers, Ricco in the ward how to make a resume and interview/dress. Because hes 18 and has sit on his butt for the past two years doing absolutlly nothing productive. So I don't know how much he liked me role playing the manager and such but ... When he says... " Whazzup " and ya'll gotta AP-licious-cation to an Adult... thats probablly why hes hasn't got a job. HA. LOVE THE KID. And hear him read the Book of Mormon in what I would catagorize as pretty much EBONICs is probally the funniest thing ever. But hes trying and workin hard.
FINDING SINGLES IS HARD! well finding them is not a problem, but getting them to listen is the key. OF COURSE we hit ALL the houses in the row that are jewish and muslim when we go next to campus.... Its not that its a bad thing... but they pretty much believe opposite and don't want to listen to what we have to say. My favorite this week was late Saturday night ( PARTIES EVERYWHERE) I jooked around with my companion trying to get her to let me talkto the house that had the screamer band going... but instead we picked the one accross the street with a BBQ outside. As soon as the guy opened the Door I said.... " I HEARD YOU GUYS HAVE FREE FOOD!!!" and the look on his face was CLASSIC.... he was so confused but he laughed when i told him we were missionaries and gave him a little card with our info. HAha. YEAH I DID DO THAT! I needed a little flavor to our day.
But it has been a really good week. My ankle has its good and bad days , Im just really envying running at this point! But all is well. I mISS AND LOVE YOU ALL!
xoxoxo SISTER WALT
DADDIOOO : HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Your card is coming late...
No comments:
Post a Comment